Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ninja.....but...


I really want to write about ninjas......but tell you the truth, I don't know about Ninjas. So I decided to write about the most surprising thing in my life which was happen to me.(sorry lu-chan) It was happened after coming to America. I'm really interested in cultures and languages, so I was taking religion class for two years in my university. However, I always fall asleep or didn't take the class seriously except when my teacher showed us videos. He showed us a lot of videos about Islam, Catholic, and Christianity. Then I was moved and had gooseflesh when I watched video about Ialam. In the video, I watched so many people are praying in the Mecca, and I heard they are praying all day(sorry.I'm not sure). I don't know how to explain my feeling, but it was so beautiful and so cool. Also, I learned there is a custom of fast. I've never believed about that culture when I was in Japan,and I was thinking this is a culture existed for a long time ago. It was happened in America when I came to class and talked with my classmetes. I heard that two of my classmates was fasting. I asked them about it so many times, because I could not believe it. It was the most surprising thing in my life, and I came to interested in religion more and more. In addition, almost all Japanese don't care about religion, and I'd never met Muslim or Cathlic people. I thought this time during in CESL is the great chance to learn religion, so I asked many questions to my friends. Every things were new for me and attracted me. Before coming here, I didn't know how important the religion is. But now I have learned a lot, and I have talked with people who are belong to different religions. I'm really glad to have opportunity to talk with them, because I can get answer in one second if I have a question about culture, which is amazing. CESL is not only for learning English but also for learning cultures.

3 comments:

Anna said...

Ninja's are interesting, but I really like what you chose for your topic. Very interesting!

lazylightning said...

Would Love to talk to you about The World Flag!!! You did a great job sharing your thoughts in your Blog! Please reach out to me at john@theworldflag.org

lazylightning said...

Ninjas Rock!!