Monday, November 10, 2008

Fears for my dream

I had had a dream that was to go to America since I was very small child. My dream came true, but I had many fears before coming here and I have fears still now. First of all, it is very difficult to get used to American custom. There are many differences between Japan and America. It was my dream to live American way, but there were things that I’ve never expected, such as traffic lights and huge meals. In addition, I have to care about money that I spent. I used to have a part-time job, so I could spend money that I want. During living here, I can’t live that way. The hardest fear is living without my family, because I had never lived by myself. Before coming here, I always worried about homesick. Also, I sometimes feel homesick and become lonely. However I feel them, my friends always help me. There are many fears to grant my dream, but I believe that I would get many things if I overcome those fears.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I'm glad that you were able to realize your dreams to come here and study. It's very braze of you to leave your culture! I'm sure your parents are proud!